When Valeria Maltoni, the Conversation Agent, started the Twitter chat, #Kaizenblog, I wonder if she had any inkling that this chat would still be active at three years and continuously evolving. Valeria is a great advocate for conversation, exploring ideas and connecting people. When I became sole moderator for the chat, it was certain that we would continue using her foundation for the chat.
Kaizen is a philosophy for growth…
As it is described on ValueBasedManagement.net,
The Kaizen method of continuous incremental improvements is an originally Japanese concept for incremental (gradual, continuous) change (improvement). K. is actually a way of life philosophy, assuming that every aspect of our life deserves to be constantly improved….Key elements of Kaizen are quality, effort, involvement of all employees, willingness to change, and communication.
Even after changing the name of the chat in January, 2012 (to reflect the focus of the chat more accurately), the ideals of Kaizen are embedded in every topic. In fact, the mission of the chat is to develop people and business ideas. Each week we apply critical thought to a business idea and use the conversation to improve our skills and deepen our self-understanding within a community.
“What are we talking about this week?”
I love it when someone emails, tweets or sends a direct message asking this question! Since joining this Twitter chat a little over 2 years ago, we’ve talked about “Are You A Chieftain Or A Celebrity?” (my first co-hosting chat), Open Innovation, “Ethics, Blinders and Business”, gamification, the global economy and so many more topics. Anything in business is fair game and I mean anything.
Where do we go next with KaizenBiz?
Like any organism and organization, the chat is growing up. Three years is a tremendous accomplishment and we’re not stopping here. So far in 2012, we have added a website and a LinkedIn Group. Part of the reason for these additions is to make it easy for community members who cannot be on the chat regularly to stay connected with us. Members of our community have gone on to build very active businesses, changed positions and employers and written books.
The other reason we are expanding is that it’s time for KaizenBiz to grow into a thought-provoking organization. Going beyond Twitter is a natural step for this audacious goal. This builds on Valeria’s foundation from where the chat started to adding in-person events and virtual presentations.
To celebrate the third anniversary of KaizenBiz/KaizenBlog, we are hosting a sweepstakes! To enter, you must answer this question:
“What effect has #KaizenBiz/#Kaizenblog had on how you think & act in the biz environment?”
Please hit the retweet button to share this post so others can read and comment too. Sharing this on Twitter is optional and does not affect chances of winning.
“KaizenBiz Turns 3” Sweepstakes Guidelines
Here are the steps to follow:
#1: submit a Comment on this post
Your submission must follow these guidelines:
- Your comments must answer this question, “What effect has #KaizenBiz/#Kaizenblog had on how you think & act in the biz environment?”
- Be sure to add in any initiatives or collaborations you have created as a result of a KaizenBiz/KaizenBlog topic.
- Comments begin Saturday, July 21st at 12am ET
- Entries are closed on Wednesday August 15th at 9pm ET
- One entry per person (only the first entry will count toward the prizes) and you must be over 18 years of age to participate
- No purchase is necessary and a purchase will not change your chances of winning
- Void where prohibited
#2 FOR FAIRNESS, WE WILL BE USING Random.org TO GENERATE THE WINNERS
- Your name will be entered into a list and then randomized.
- We will award prizes to the top 6 names in order of the prize list
#3: Prize winner will be announced via Twitter and this blog on Friday August 17th at 5pm BST /12pm ET/9am PT
- 1 hour Strategic Marketing consultation with Joseph Ruiz, Strategic Marketing Solutions LLC $150 value
- Web Savvy PR Social Media Audit & Action Planning Session: One-half hour Getting to Know Your Business & Goals session and a Web Savvy PR Audit (review) of your current social media activity & Next Action Steps report from Cathy Larkin, Web Savvy PR $150 value
- 1 hour Unlocking the CEO Within coaching consultation with Elli St. George Godfrey, Ability Success Growth $150 value
- Book-Killing Giants: 10 Strategies to Kill the Goliath In Your Industry by Stephen Denny (chat community member) $26.95 (list price) value
- Book-Advocates and Enemies: How To Build Practical Strategies To Influence Your Stakeholders by Colin Gautrey (chat guest expert) $19.50 value
- Book-The Synergist: How To Lead Your Team to Predictable Success by Les McKeown (2 time chat guest expert) $15.90 value
*Prices are accurate as of Friday, July 21, 2012
Participate In The 3rd KaizenBiz Anniversary Sweepstakes
Don’t miss your chance to win these great prizes. All current and former KaizenBiz/KaizenBlog members are invited to join in too!
Comment and and be sure to tweet the link so others can comment too. Then join us for the Twitter chat #KaizenBiz on Friday, August 17th at 5pm BST/12pm ET/9am PT